It’s almost time for one last trip to Litchfield
WORDS BY BEATRIZ VASQUES, IMAGE VIA INSTAGRAM
Stock up on the popcorn and tissues because Orange Is the New Black is back for its final season. Yes, don’t worry … we’re teary-eyed too.
In February 2016, Netflix renewed the beloved series for three more seasons, meaning the seventh season is the culmination of five years of all thing prison and female empowerment.
Here are six things we already know to ease the (excruciating) wait!
1. The trailer’s already out and the season will be available on Netflix from July 26!
2. Flaritza is back?! The trailer shows us a glimpse of the pair together, laughing at each other. OMG. Does this mean we might get our favourite beauty YouTuber/influencer duo back together? We’re crossing our fingers.
3. And… here are a few stills we managed to gather from the new season! NGL, that hug between Taystee and Crazy Eyes made us feel A LOT of things.
4. Piper was released from prison at the end of season six. This will be the first time we’ll get to see Piper Chapman, played by Taylor Schilling, live a life away from prison. How do you think she’ll cope without her wife, Alex Vause?
5. Still in Vausman’s spirit, it is clear that Alex and Piper’s storyline isn’t over! We’ll get to witness the newlywed couple deal with a long-distance relationship, with Vause still in prison and Piper living her life on the outside.
Both Laura Prepon and Taylor Schilling have already said goodbye to their characters on Instagram (sniff, sniff).
6. Creator Jenji Kohan shared a picture with the entire cast back in February, with a caption that read: “This is a family.” We couldn’t agree more.
Only reading DIVA online? You’re missing out. For more news, reviews and commentary, check out the latest issue. It’s pretty badass, if we do say so ourselves.