akt supports lgbtq+ young people aged 16-25 in the uk who are facing or experiencing homelessness or living in a hostile environment.
We support young people into safe homes and employment, education or training, in a welcoming and open environment that celebrates lgbtq+ identities.
akt helps young people:
- Stay safe in a crisis
- Find emergency accommodation
- Access specialist support
- Develop skills, identify and achieve life goals
we do this by providing:
- Access to advice from one of our housing specialists
- Connection to a mentor for one-to-one support
- Access to our emergency support pack or tenancy starter pack
- Accommodation with a specially trained
- A place to stay in our accommodation service
- A safe place with one of our many housing provider partners
- Access to life skills training, events and peer support networks