London’s new LGBTQIA community centre to open in December

Published on :

Opening on 1 December, the space will provide community support for LGBTQI people across the capital BY ELEANOR NOYCE, IMAGE BY MONSTERA VIA PEXELS In an exciting moment for LGBTQIA people living in the capital, a new LGBTQIA-specific community centre has been confirmed to open in London on 1 December. Forming a six-month pop-up on [….]

How can cisgender allies support trans women?

Published on :

“It will take a lot of collective work to improve life for trans people in the UK, but we can all lighten the load” BY CAIT FINDLAY, IMAGE BY THE GENDER SPECTRUM COLLECTION “I’ve been seeing it not over the last few weeks, but over the last 40 years. It has got worse,” says Christine [….]

Copenhagen 2021 wins Danish Rainbow Award

Published on :

In a celebratory ceremony the team were recognised with an honorary prize awarded by the judges BY DIVA STAFF The award ceremony took place at Cirkusbygningen in Copenhagen, more than 30 members of the Copenhagen 2021 team were present when they found out that the judges had decided to recognise the event for the impact [….]

Grace Savage talks Tracy, queer parenthood and beatboxing

Published on :

“Tracy is about confirming my sexual identity. It’s a nostalgic letter to my younger self” BY ELEANOR NOYCE, IMAGE BY RICHARD DAVENPORT Juggling beatboxing, teaching, acting and music, Grace Savage spins a lot of plates. Her new single, Memory, is out now. Go go go, DIVAs! Your latest single, Tracy, was released on 30 September. [….]

Leading LGBT+ charity Galop launches UK’s first conversion therapy helpline

Published on :

Today the organisation rolls out the National Conversion Therapy Helpline WORDS BY NIC CROSARA Galop is an LGBT+ anti-abuse charity that works regularly with LGBT+ victims of abuse and violence. All of its services are run by members of the LGBT+ community, providing a safe space for victims to come forward and seek help. Today [….]

Give the Jewish queer gals a happily ever after

Published on :

Where are all the uplifting #WLW storylines in Jewish film? BY LILY SHELDON, IMAGE BY CURZON/ARTIFICIAL EYE Content warning: spoilers of Kissing Jessica Stein, Disobedience and Shiva Baby Film has always acted as an escape. We can walk in the shoes of other characters but it also acts as a mirror for possibility as it replicates [….]

Valentino Vecchietti’s intersex columns are now freely available

Published on :

By making space for my intersex column, DIVA magazine, created regular monthly intersex representation BY VALENTINO VECCHIETTI This year, on Intersex Awareness Day, DIVA magazine is beginning the process of making my intersex columns freely available. These links will take you to my May, June, and July 2021 Columns. Back in January 2019, a little piece [….]