JANET DEVLIN: “Personal is never personal on the internet”

Published on :

Danielle Mustarde meets Janet Devlin – the real Janet Devlin  BY DANIELLE MUSTARDE “What’s your story, Janet Devlin?” It’s with those five words that this interview begins. After all, had you not been one of the 12.6 million Brits who tuned into first episode of the eighth series of The X Factor back in 2011, (now [….]

CULTURE: Sober curious

Published on :

Young adults are changing drinking culture – and guess what? Queer women are leading the way BY DANIELLE MUSTARDE We have a funny relationship with alcohol, us Brits. Growing up in the sticks in the northeast of England, I was perhaps a little behind some of my city-raised kin. Still, I was just 15 years [….]

woman writing in paper

NEWS: What LGBTQI women want from advertisers…

Published on :

Facebook are here to drive business equality for LGBTQI women, providing an insight into what we want from brands  BY SOPHIE GRIFFITHS Cast your mind all the way back to April earlier this year and you might remember a little event that happened by the name of Lesbian Visibility Week. It was a week of [….]

Iris Prize short list released announcing the best British LGBTQI shorts

Published on :

The 15 richly diverse films from across the UK competing for a package of services sponsored by Pinewood Studios Group BY DIVA STAFF The wait is over for filmmakers as the organisers of the Iris Prize, announce the directors of the short films who are competing for this year’s Iris Prize Best British Short supported by [….]

NEWS: Olympian Nicola Adams to star as one half of Strictly’s first same-sex couple

Published on :

A ground-breaking step for LGBTQI representation on our screens for this year’s Strictly Come Dancing BY DIVA STAFF The former boxer and Olympic gold medallist Nicola Adams will appear in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing, alongside other stars such as Clara Amfo, Ranvir Singh, and Max George. In a series first, Nicola Adams will compete [….]

The world according to The L Word

Published on :

Vintage words of wisdom from the OG cast members BY ROXY BOURDILLON Bette “There’s a lot more to a relationship than sex.” “Here is a truly radical idea for you to contemplate. Monogamy isn’t just hypothetical. Some people actually do practice it.” “All great art is a response to small minded corporate fiats, trying to [….]

HEALTH: This is the end…of your period

Published on :

Felicitas van Laak explores queer experiences of menopause BY FELICITAS VAN LAAK My all-time favourite reference to the menopause is a conversation in Fleabag where Belinda refers to it as “the most wonderful fucking thing in the world”, to which Fleabag answers, “I was told it was horrendous”, and Belinda replies, “It is horrendous, but [….]