DON’T MISS: Love And Rage

Published on :

UK Black Pride’s epic 2021 event is broadcasting live this weekend BY DIVA STAFF, IMAGE VIA UK BLACK PRIDE We’re incredibly excited about UK Black Pride’s 2021 event, Love and Rage, taking place this weekend. Tune into the live online broadcast to catch amazing performances from some of the best artists around, including headliner Afroswing [….]

VIEWS: Conversations around gender identity: are things changing for the better?

Published on :

“We all have a responsibility to understand our own privilege and biases” BY ANT JACKSON How we talk about gender has really changed this year. For example, the UK Census truly reflected gender identity for the first time beyond the previous male and female only tick boxes, which formerly excluded trans and non-binary people.   It proved [….]

@england

Football for all

Published on :

Kick It Out’s Chris Paouros explains why LGBTQI visibility on the pitch is so important BY CHRIS PAOUROS, IMAGE BY @ENGLAND “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more you are a leader” – John Quincy Adams. And during a European Championship, the captain of the England team [….]

DIVA EXCLUSIVE: Fear Street’s Kiana Madeira is our brand new cover star

Published on :

PLUS Feel Good, The Bold Type and cottagecore BY DIVA STAFF, COVER IMAGE BY ANDREW ECCLES The terrifyingly talented Kiana Madeira is rocking the cover of our brand new Pride issue. In an exclusive interview with DIVA’s Roxy Bourdillon, the star of Netflix trilogy Fear Street talks representation in horror and queer love onscreen. You [….]

WOMEN ON TOP: “I always thought I was wearing two hats. In reality, I was, in fact, wearing many, many different hats”

Published on :

Charley Woodward from VMware spoke to Alim Kheraj from myGwork about her transitioning journey and the difference that a supportive organisation can make. BY DIVA STAFF Charley Woodward used to think of herself as wearing two hats: the person she was and the person she presented to the world. “I used many different strategies to hide from the world who I [….]

OPINION: My journey towards acceptance as a queer bra fitter

Published on :

“I chuckled along with casual homophobia in public and cried in private” BY FELICE SOUTHWELL, IMAGES BY ELLIE THOMPSON Getting a bra fitting is a very intimate experience. It’s just you and a stranger in a room with one of you getting half naked. As a fitter, I make it my mission to try and [….]

Welcome to the Queer Emporium, a magical must-see collective of LGBTQI-owned businesses in Cardiff

Published on :

Whether you’re a local, or you’re planning a visit to the Welsh capital over the summer, make sure to stop by this shopping utopia BY POLLY ANGELOVA My first visit to the Queer Emporium started off with the intention to quickly pop in, ask owner Yan White if he’d be happy to answer some questions, [….]