WORDS BY FELICITAS SOPHIE VAN LAAK, IMAGES VIA INSTAGRAM
Actors Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor have been dating since 2015, after Sarah slid into Holland’s DMs on Twitter. Although the public interest in their relationship came unexpected to the couple, both of them regularly declare their love and admiration for each other in the media. Here are five times Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor were shamelessly gushing over each other:
1. When Sarah won the Emmy in 2016 for her role in The People v. O. J. Simpson, she ended her speech by saying, “Holland Taylor, I love you!” Asked to elaborate on her declaration, she told Jerry Penacoli, “I want to shout from the rooftops all the time about how much I love that person. So, if I can do it in front of millions of people – why not?” Any questions?
2. A few days later, Holland said that she didn’t expect Sarah’s shout out to her in an interview with TODAY. However, she stressed that, “The thing about Sarah is, long before she’s a brilliant actress, which she is, she’s a real, wonderful stand-up person of great quality and she stands on the right side of history.”
3. Although most public responses to their relationship have been positive, some have criticised the 32 year age gap between the actresses. In an interview with Modern Luxury, Sarah stated, “If anyone wants to spend any time thinking I’m strange for loving the most spectacular person on the planet, then that’s their problem. I’m doing just fine.” Yes, you are!
4. Last year, Holland appeared on Larry King Now. Being asked to elaborate on why she called Sarah the most wonderful thing in her life, she described her as “a great artist, free independent spirit, and multi-faceted”. Holland continues to rave about her partner, saying “she’s the greatest mimic in the world, and so stylish”. According to Holland, “she to blame” for the relationship in the first place. Well, we certainly cannot blame her. And who could?
5. Lastly, here is Sarah Paulson’s New Year’s Post, referring to Holland as “The Only One”.
Only reading DIVA online? You’re missing out. For more news, reviews and commentary, check out the latest issue. It’s pretty badass, if we do say so ourselves.